10/29/12

Validating Your Pain

Hello my gorgeous fudgies!
How has Monday been treating yall ?<3

First of all, I must apologize for my absence these last few days, weeks, it's not been months, has it?...
See, when you can't remember the last time you posted, that's when you KNOW you're in trouble :)
Exam sessions...they be crazy...(I'm tired, therefor, I am grammatically handicapped)

Today, I wanted to discuss something with you, regarding the original purpose of this blog.
Yes, we are travelling back in time to the prehistoric year of 2011, where it all began...

Monday, October Something-or-other (17, I think?), 2011
I'm sitting in a doctor's examination room.
It is 3:45, I skipped school for this appointment, because I can't imagine spending another day like this.
The doctor (Dr. Erdstein; yes I DARE speak his name) is asking me some questions.
He looks bored, he's not even trying to understand why I'm bawling my eyes out.
He leaves the room (looking for coffee perhaps...a girl? In my office, dying? nonsense), and I just sat there, staring at the Children's hospital across the street.
Little did I know a few weeks later I'd be in one of those sterile, creepy rooms staring down that same little doctor's office.

This has been going on for too long, the pain is too deep, the façade too heavy.
Yet no one seems to understand, or even acknowledge it.
«Why are you feeling this way?»
Well you see, oh wise one, if I knew that we would NOT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION.

...
Am I imaginating my own illness?

STOP.
That is exactly how people convince themselves they are well, they are healthy, they are happy.

Before wanting to get help, receive treatment, start over, smile...
I wanted someone to validate it.


And when I think about what I want you all to take from my own and each other's experiences,it certainly is nota loss of hope for humanity.

IT'S JUST THAT WHAT YOU'RE FEELING IS REAL.
OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FELT THAT WAY OR FEEL LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW.
I know...crazy!

SOLUTION: FORUMS. 
There are plenty of sites for people suffering different issues, from just every stuff to actual mental illness.
It can make you see your not-alone-ness (again, grammar handicapped. I apologize)
Here are a few I found for all sorts of issues, but don't forget GOOGLE IS YOUR BFF if you can't find one for you :)
1. anxiety: http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/
2. eating disorders: http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forum32.html
3. depression: http://forums.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

So no, you are not making up these problems
you are not helpless
you are not  crazy (technically, legally...well I don't really know you:P).

You are just a human. A fudgie, actually, the best species there is. <3

Promise to write loads more this week, mmkay?

xoxoxoxoxoo
Gabby



No comments:

Post a Comment