How's Monday been treating you? <3
Here's a little scenario for y'all:
You go through life with relatively good self-esteem, as a typical healthy fudgie is likely to. You're not Megan Fox
(let's face it: even some parts of Megan Fox are not in fact Megan Fox...)
but you don't stay up all night crying about it.
Suddenly, out of the blue, your self-esteem gets stabbed by the worst abomination in the history of humanity:
a picture of you.
But not just any picture of you...
A picture in which you think you look, and I quote my friend Lexi, «like the Yeti and Frankenstein's illegitimate child».
And it is in that moment, ladies and few gentlemen, that we lose our fudgin' minds.
- We yell at our friends, asking them why they didn't tell us that we looked horrible.
- We rip, Sharpie, burn, soak in bleach this picture in hopes no one else will suffer from its unattractiveness.
- And if ever someone DARED to reassure us that we do not look that bad, or WORSE, that we in fact look...good? All I can legally say is they never found their body.
Just kidding! ;)
But how does one handle a scenario like this one without dying inside?!
- PUT. THE PICTURE. D.O.W.N.
It can be so tempting to just stare at it in shock, but trust me, with the frame of mind you are in, the picture won't look any better with time. So push it away, click next, close your eyes or look away.
Let your brain breathe 30 seconds, then proceed to step 2.
2. THE Y-FACTOR.
Before jumping off a cliff, make sure you consider the Y-Factors;
lighting, camera quality, position of your face/ body, photogenic-ness (?), NO AIRBRUSHING
These factors influence in a major way all pictures; look at all the pictures you like of yourself!
You were probably at a good angle, the lighting was probably decent, etc.
3. 3 THINGS I LOVE: PICTURE STYLE
The best trick for self-esteem in the world is about to get spined-off.
Yes indeed, take that photo and walk through this amazing trick with me one more time.
(DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT? http://fudgeperfection.blogspot.ca/2012/02/challenge-5-hungry.html )
- take your picture and in a limited amount of time (say, 60 seconds?), find 3 things you like about yourself in this shot. Anything can do!
Works like a chaaaaarm. <3
4. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
DO NOT. DO. NOT. POST THE PICTURE ON FACEBOOK WITH THE CAPTION;
in order to get pity compliments.
You could not, no matter how much you tried, sound more insecure.
Besides, if you announce like so, people will be prepared for flaws, therefore their eyes will be scanning for them.
Alright, that was it!
Hope you all enjoyed<3