8/19/13

My Plus Size Superstars

Hello my darling fudgies!

In today's article, I will be sharing a few of my favourite people who do not necessarily conform to the exclusive occidental beauty ideals: the plus size superstars:)

1. Trisha Paytas 

Trisha (youtube.com/blndsundoll4mj) is an actress, plus size model, and all around lovely person.
She flaunts her curves, discusses the struggles of a plus size girl making it in Hollywood, and regularly makes videos encouraging boys and girls of all body types to love what they have, like the one linked above. Keep being awesome, Trish <3

2. Justine Legault


Fellow Quebecer plus size model extraordinaire Justine Legault is making waves in the modeling industry. A size 14, she graced the cover of popular magazine Elle Quebec, and is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with in New York City, her current stomping ground. Bon travail, ma grande!















3. Chastity, aka Garner Style (image credits to GarnerStyle)

Smart, funny, talented; Chastity is one of my favorite plus size fashion bloggers. Debunking the myth that plus size ladies can't be as stylish as the skinny bitches next door one blog post at a time, Californian stylist Chastity of garnerstyle.blogspot.com earns a spot on my list!






4. Melissa McCarthy (image credits to movies.dosthana.com)




If Emmy award-winning actress Melissa McCarthy didn't make you laugh in Bridemaids or The Heat, there might be something wrong with you. She preaches body positivity, stating that she is happier now that when she was a slimmer size 6, 'If I was a 6 or an 8, I thought, "Why aren't I a 2 or a 4?" Now I feel like I have two great kids and the dreamiest husband on the planet, and everything else is just a work in progress.'  The successful starlet is designing a plus size clothing line that is due to come out sometime this year, and I can't wait to see what comes next for this beautiful comedian!







5. Beth Ditto (image credits to blog.mykita.com) 


The lead singer of one of my favorite bands Gossip, Beth Ditto is a fierce individualist. Her clothes, her hair, her makeup, and even her voice are all deeply unique, which is what I find so wonderful about this singer-songwriter. An LGBTQ activist and a solo artist today, she keeps paving the way for all free spirits. She doesn't give a f**k what you think about her weight, which makes me love her that much more.



Let me know who your plus size superstars are!
xoxo

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment