4/13/14

UPDATED: 10 Stay Strong Songs: 2014

Hello my angels!

Here is an updated stay strong playlist for all of you:)
Part 1 from 2012
Part 2 from 2013

1. Anything, by Hedley

One of my favorite songs of the year so far! With lyrics such as "a thousand disbelievers couldn't keep me on the ground", you feel like accomplishing all of your wildest dreams, raising your middle finger to the haters and flying off into the sunset.

2. The Promise, by Emma Blackery

This song is dedicated to anyone struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, eating disorders, or just having a bad day. Crawl up into bed, listen to this on repeat, and tune out the world.
You're worth it:)

3. Invisible, by Hunter Hayes

Everyone in high school; pump your fists and chant in unison: (IN HIGH SCHOOL) THERE'S NO ROOM FOR ANYONE WHO DARES TO BE DIFFERENT.
Negative people aren't just limited to high school, unfortunately, so we all have to arm ourselves with good, stay strong songs to get us through the night.
Plus, have you seen Hunter? Such a babe will fix your crying eyes ;)

4. Let It Go, by Idina Menzel (Frozen)

One of the year's best movies comes to you with one of the best songs of all time. 
No jokes, guys, Idina's beautiful voice mixed with a beautiful Disney message of "forgive, forget and fiercely move on".
Also one of the best songs to scream in your car while the people in other lanes judge you hard core.

5. Demons, by Imagine Dragons

Try as we may, we can't always hide our demons from those who love us. Losing control is scary, but it's also incredibly cathartic. Let people in, let them see the "dark inside", and those who stay are the worthy ones.
I was lucky enough to see ID live last year, and they are just as badass live as they are on their record, which makes supporting them all the more worth it.

6. Because We Can, by Bon Jovi

Okay, I have to admit, I was a Bon Jovi hater in my hay day.
But I started running to this song during the summer, and it makes for a fantastic pump up, stay strong song, that I just can't pretend otherwise.

Bon Jovi, you have my stay strong blessing.

7. Roar, by Katy Perry

I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you've been through,
this song is the shit.
If you don't dance along, making boxing moves as you scream at the top of your lungs, I'm sorry to inform you there is something deeply wrong with you.
Doctor, STAT.
<3

8. Unbroken, by Demi Lovato

This song is a bit older (2013, I think? I know, practically vintage), but there aren't good things I can say about Demi. An awesome mix of techno/dance and heartbreak recovery pop; can't beat the queen of stay strong.
She has the saying tattooed on her, for the love of God.

9. Unwell, by Matchbox 20

If you want a throwback, this is for you. I believe this is late 1990s progressive rock, but Matchbox 20 blows my mind to this day.
"I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell" is probably the best lyric written in the 20th century.
2014 deserves a little 90s stay strong spice, and this song is IT.

Extra: 10. Superstar, by Ru Paul

Yes, Ru Paul the drag queen extraordinaire!
He says it all: You're a superstar.
Blast this in the morning, hum it as you strut down the street, dance to it at a party;
Stay strong has never looked so fucking good.

---------------

xoxo

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment